Chelsea and Barcelona have been in talks in the last few days over the signing of striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Those talks – which have gone late into the night – have so far failed to find an agreement.
The deal under discussion is thought to be worth between £15m and £25m. Chelsea want to include Marcos Alonso in the package, while Barcelona want straight cash.
Barcelona want the money to help enable them to register Jules Kounde.
Barca have been interested in signing Alonso this summer, with one source claiming that has cooled given their issues in registering their new signings.
Aubameyang continues to train as normal, with Barcelona playing away at Real Sociedad on Sunday night.
Discussions between Chelsea and Barcelona are ongoing and there is a willingness from both clubs to get a deal done.
Aubameyang moved to Barcelona on a free transfer from Arsenal in January. He has three years left on his contract.
Although Thomas Tuchel has been reluctant to talk about Aubameyang in public he is keen to work again with a player who scored 79 goals for him in two seasons at Borussia Dortmund.
Follow the summer transfer window with Sky Sports
Who will be on the move this summer when the transfer window closes at 11pm on September 1?
Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and rumours in our dedicated Transfer Centre blog on Sky Sports’ digital platforms. You can also catch up with the ins, outs and analysis on Sky Sports News.
The new Premier League season with Sky Sports
- 128 exclusively live Premier League matches.
- First pick of matches for every weekend of the Premier League season.
- The best punditry team in football including Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Jamie Redknapp, Graeme Souness, Micah Richards and Roy Keane.
- Kelly Cates and David Jones will present our live coverage across Friday Night Football, Saturday Night Football, Super Sunday and Monday Night Football.
- In-game goals and clips for mobile devices from Sky Sports live matches.
- Extended highlights On Demand and our Premier League channel.
- Sky Sports is your ultimate destination for domestic football with live coverage of the Premier League, EFL, Scottish Premiership and the Women’s Super League.
- Find out more about Sky Sports