Of Brazilian origin but a nationalised Spaniard, Rafinha comes from a footballing family and joined FC Barcelona when he was just 13
Name: Rafael Alcántara do Nascimiento ‘Rafinha’
Date of birth: 12/03/1993
Place of birth: São Paulo (Brazil)
Age: 21 years
- Rafinha made his official first team debut on November 10, 2011 in a Spanish Cup match with L’Hospitalet.
- He has a contract with FC Barcelona until 2016, and spent last season on loan to Celta, where he played in 32 matches (27 as a starter), scoring four goals and laying on five assists.
- The LFP made him league player of the month for February.
- He is the son of Mazinho, who was in Brazil’s 1994 World Cup winning squad, and the brother of Thiago Alcántara, who also played youth football at Barça until 2012/13, and is now at Bayern Munich.
- On December 6, 2011 Rafinha and Thiago both played in the same FCB side that beat Bate Borisov 4-0 in the final game of the Champions League group stage.
- He has played four first team matches for Barça. Three were in 2011/12 (2 in the Champions League and 1 in the Spanish Cup) and one in last season’s Champions League.
- He made his Barça B debut in the 2010-11 season under Luis Enrique, in a 2-1 loss at home to Girona.
He joined FC Barcelona in 2006/07
|2010-11||U18 & Barça B|
- Presence on social networks: