The Chilean forward hadn’t scored a goal since March 16th
The Barça number 9 has had his best scoring season: 20 goals in 52 games
The 2-2 draw with Getafe drastically reduces the League Title options. However, there are lots of stats from the game, reviewed below:
- Alexis Sánchez scored again, following ten matches without a goal. He hadn’t scored since Barça v Osasuna (7-0) on March 16th.
- Since then Alexis had been in the starting line-up five times and on the bench six times.
- The barça number 9 is having his best scoring season. He’s scored 20 gols in 52 matches, much better than the 15 and 11 goals in the last two seasons.
- Getafe is one of his favourite victims. He’s scored four goals against them in la Liga, the same number as against Rayo Vallecano, his other preferred rival.
- FC Barcelona have now scored 99 goals in La Liga. If they score against Elche or Madrid they will have scored 100 goals for the third consecutive season.
- Marc Bartra was the player who won most balls. With 18, he was followed by Escudero with 13, and Busquets with 10.
- Alves (115), Xavi (110) and Busquets (100) were the only three players who made over 100 passes in total. Escudero made most passes for Getafe, with 41.
- Adriano received his 8th yellow card in La Liga against Getafe, only exceeded by Sergio Busquets, with 11.
- Marc Bartra has been in the starting eleven for the last four matches, equalling his personal record as a Barça player. He had been a starter in four consecutive matches at the start of the season (Almeria, Celtic, Valladolid adnOsasuna).
- It’s now eight games since FC Barcelona kept a clean sheet, their worts sequence of the season.