The team have scored 82 goals in the second half of games this campaign and 63 in the first.
The last time the team came back from two down was against Getafe in the last game of 2013 (2-5)
The 2-3 win at El Madrigal keeps Barça very much in the title race and also threw up a host of interesting facts and figures.
- The win means Barça have won 40 times this season – 27 in the league, 7 in the Spanish Cup and 6 in the Champions League.
- FC Barcelona shot 14 times more than Villarreal ( 4 to 18) and put in 35 crosses to the hosts’ 6.
- Busquets (14), Bartra (12) and Mascherano (10) were the Barça players who won most possession for the team.
- It’s been eight years since Barça last picked up two own goals, on February 18, 2006 when the Betis player Melli scored two in a league game at the Camp Nou.
- In 2005, Villarreal also let in two own goals, by Peña, when Barça also won.
- Barça have now failed to keep a clean sheet for the last seven games – their worst run of the season. The last game they avoided conceding a goal was in the Barcelona derby against Espanyol (0-1).
- The last time Barça came back from two goals down was against Getafe in 2013, when Barça won 2-5.
- In fact, Barça have become specialists in comebacks – having done so six times in this league season (against Valladolid, Getafe, Seville, Madrid and Athletic Bilbao).
- Barça have now scored 82 goals in the second halves this season and 63 in the first.