Bayern, Dortmund, Madrid, Atlético, PSG, Chelsea and United will be in the pot with Barça in the draw scheduled for this Friday
The first leg will be played on the 1st and 2nd of April and the second leg will be payed the following week
The final matches of the Champions League knock-out round were played this Wednesday evening. Borussia Dortmund and Olympiacos close out the list of teams that will be in the pot for Friday’s quarter-final draw in Nyon, Switzerland. In addition to FC Barcelona, the other teams that have qualified for this round of the competition are Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea.
- BAYERN MUNICH: The Champions League holders are perhaps the most fearsome side left in the competition. One step away from conquering the Bundesliga – they have a 23-point advantage over the second placed team – and in the semi-finals of the DFB-Pokal, the men managed by Josep Guardiola are real title contenders in every competition they play in. They finished first in their group and they eliminated Arsenal by an aggregate score of 3-1 (0-2 and 1-1) in the knock-out round.
- BORUSSIA DORTMUND: In comparison to Bayern, things are going as well for last season’s Champions League runner-up. Jürgen Klopp’s team are second in the Bundesliga and in the semi-finals of the DFB-Pokal, and in the quarter-finals of the continental competition thanks to a nail-bitting first place finish in the group stage – a goal scored in the final minutes of the last group stage match took Dortmund from third to first place. In the knock-out round they defeated Zenit Saint Petersburg (2-4 and XX).
- REAL MADRID: Los Blancos are also contenders in every competition they’re in. FC Barcelona’s eternal rival qualified for the quarter-finals of the Champions League after finishing first in their group and crushing Schalke 04 in the knock-out round (1-6 and 3-1).
- ATLÉTICO MADRID: The Madrid-based team are having a breakout season this year. They reached the knock-out round by winning their group and then eliminated AC Milan in the next round thanks to victories at San Siro (0-1) and the Calderón (4-1). Cholo Simeone’s men are also alive in La Liga, where they are second, just three points behind the leaders.
- PARIS SAINT–GERMAIN: FC Barcelona’s quarter-final rival last season have reached this year’s quarter-final after finishing first in their group and easily defeating Bayer Leverkusen in the knock-out round (0-4 and 2-1). They are in control of Ligue 1 with an eight-point advantage over AS Monaco, who are in second place.
- CHELSEA: The team managed by José Mourinho are once again among the best teams in Europe. They finished first in their group and defeated Galatasaray in the knock-out round (1-1 and 2-0). They also lead the Premiership with a small point advantage, albeit they’ve played more games than their rivals.
- MANCHESTER UNITED: Out of the race for the Premier League, the team managed by David Moyes are putting their title homes in Europe. They qualified for the quarter-finals of the Champions League after finishing first in their group and fighting back from a two-goal deficit in the knock-out stage against Olympiacos (2-0 and 3-0).
It’s worth noting that the first leg of the quarter-finals will be played on the 1st and 2nd of April and the second leg will be played the following week (7th and 8th of April).