?Reports from Spain indicate that Juventus forward Paulo Dybala isn’t keen on moving to Barcelona this summer.
The Catalan side are bracing themselves for Neymar’s seemingly imminent exit for Paris, and have lined up a several players as potential replacements – with exciting Argentine Dybala reported as one of those targets.
However, Mundo Deportivo (via Football Italia) report that Barça haven’t made any attempts to contact Dybala’s camp, and the player himself is unconvinced over any move.
Dybala is said to have concerns regarding the role he would be handed, if he were to leave Turin for Camp Nou.
The Argentine wouldn’t provide a like for like replacement for Neymar, and his style is more comparable to that of compatriot and professed idol Lionel Messi – and there’s no way he would dislodge the prolific attacker.
Reports had previously suggested that there was a verbal agreement with Barcelona, for the star nicknamed ‘La Joya’ to join them for
Dybala renewed his contract with Juve earlier this year, committing his future up until 2022, in a deal that does include a buy-out clause.
The 23-year-old scored 19 goals and handed out seven assists for The Old Lady last season, having formed an effective partnership with Gonzalo Higuain in the team’s attack.
Jurgen Klopp has reiterated his stance on Barcelona’s interest in Philippe Coutinho – stating that there is ‘nothing new’ regarding the Brazilian’s situation; he is not for sale.
Coutinho has been a long term target of Barcelona’s and even though the 25-year-old signed a new contract with the Reds in January, the Catalan giants have never given up hope of landing him. And now, after being asked about the playmaker’s future once again, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has maintained that he is going nowhere:
Barcelona have reportedly stepped up their interest in Coutinho ever since Neymar’s future with the Blaugrana was thrust up into the air. The winger is believed to be on the verge of a £196m world record transfer to Paris Saint-Germain – and Barca will need a replacement.
Along with Coutinho on their list of candidates are Juventus’ Paulo Dybala and Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann.
In what will be seen as good news for Liverpool fans, Barca and Juventus representatives are said to be meeting soon to discuss a move for Dybala – in what could become a
?Barcelona director Ariedo Braida is reportedly set to meet with Juventus CEO Giuseppe Marotta over the availability of star forward Paulo Dybala.
It seems the Catalan club are wasting no time in attempting to replace Neymar ahead of his Paris Saint-Germain transfer – which is looking increasingly likely.
According to Radio Marca Catalunya, the Nou Camp outfit have been eyeing up Juventus’ Paulo Dybala as the heir to Neymar’s left wing spot in the Barca line-up, and the fee being floated around for the Argentinian is approximately
El Barça apuesta fuerte por Paulo Dybala (23). Braida (Barça), Marotta (Juve) y un directivo azulgrana se reunirán en breve. 110 m aprox.
— Fèlix Monclús (@FMonclusMarca) July 30, 2017
??The 23-year-old has stunned Europe during his time with the Bianconeri – and even managed a brace against the Catalan club in last season’s Champions League quarter-final first leg.
And now, despite signing a new contract with the Turin based club only weeks after their quarter-final victory over the Blaugrana, Dybala may well be on his way to La Liga – especially considering the financial power that Barcelona will hold after Neymar’s buy-out clause is triggered by PSG.
Dybala is on a reported list of three possible targets for Barcelona ahead of Neymar’s leaving, alongside Liverpool’s Phillipe Coutinho and Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann.
Coutinho has been a long term target of the Spanish outfit, and Liverpool have spent just as long turning the former La Liga champions down in their attempts to sign him. However, with Barca reportedly stepping up interest in his services, the Brazilian is believed to have told the Reds that he wants to leave Anfield.
Meanwhile, Antoine Griezmann is thought to be the cheapest option for Barcelona – with a buy-out clause of
One of the biggest transfers of all time is on the verge of completion, with Neymar moving ever closer to joining PSG.
However ?Sport are reporting that the deal could become even more interesting, with Neymar wanting Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho to join him at the Parc des Princes.
The Barcelona star has been edging towards a world record £199m deal to move to the French capital over the past few weeks.
It is thought the Brazilian star wants to be the main man at his playing club, as well as have more of his international compatriots to play alongside at club level.
As a result it is reported that Neymar has been bombarding Philippe Coutinho with WhatsApp messages, in order to try and persuade him to join him at PSG rather than replace him at Barcelona.
It was thought that Barcelona were originally targeting Coutinho to keep Neymar happy at the club.
However with the massive transfer fee received for Neymar, a transfer domino-effect is expected to happen, with Barcelona first re-investing the funds into the Liverpool star.
Barcelona paper Sport: Neymar delaying PSG move so dad picks up £23m loyalty bonus on Monday. Dad’s been paid more than Messi since 2013
— Kaveh Solhekol (@SkyKaveh) July 29, 2017
Neymar and Coutinho have built up a great friendship over the years, having both been born in 1992 and having played for various Brazilian national sides from the age of just 14-years-old.
As a result Neymar is very keen to have the chance to play with his great friend at club level, however it seems unlikely that PSG could possibly buy both players this summer if they are to comply with FFP regulations.
Furthermore Coutinho may well want to go and play for one of the biggest clubs in the world at the Camp Nou, with Barcelona still the favourites for his signature.
However none of these decisions matter if Liverpool continue to refuse to sell their 25-year-old star, who has been so important to them since he joined in 2013.
?Chapecoense plane survivor Alan Ruschel will play against Barcelona at the Nou Camp early next month.
Ruschel, 27, was on board the Chapecoense plane that crashed as the team travelled to play their Copa Sudamericana final first-leg tie against Atletico National last November.
The defender was one of six players who survived that horrific incident which occurred near the Columbian city of Medellin, killing 71 people.
The Brazilian club have since returned to competitive action after rebuilding their squad, and they are now ready to welcome Ruschel back to their side.
Chapecoense have confirmed that Alan Ruschel, a survivor of the plane crash in November, will play vs Barcelona at Camp Nou on August 7th. pic.twitter.com/BFXW3wHV99
— Elite Daily Football (@SuperBettingBro) July 30, 2017
The club posted a statement on their website,? ?chapecoense.com, which read:
“Alan’s return represents an important step in his recovery and in the process of rebuilding the squad.
“Considering the magnitude of this match against a great Spanish team, in one of the temples of world football, we recognise that the game represents the ideal occasion for his return.”
The two clubs will contest for the Joan Gamer Trophy, in a fixture that typically serves as the first chance fans can see their side in action at the Nou Camp ahead of the new season.