The team had conceded in each of their previous four games
Iniesta scored his second goal of the campaign, whilst Tello scored his first in the league
The big win over Osasuna keeps Barça very much in the battle for the league title and also threw up a number of interesting facts and figures
- This was Barça’s second 7-0 win this season, having seen off Levante by the same score – after leading 6-0 at the break.
- The team have now scored a total of 127 goals this season, 81 of them in the league , more than any other side in the competition
- Barça had gone four games without a clean sheet, failing to keep their opponents out since the 0-2 win at the Etihad.
- The win marked clean sheet number 21 this season – out of a total of 46 games played.
- Marc Bartra won back most possession for the team with 11 interventions, whilst Alves made the most passes with 104.
- Messi’s hat trick took him past Paulino Alcántara as the Club’s all time leading goal scorer and also made him the team’s leading scorer in the league this season, with 18 – one more than Alexis.
- Osasuna share with Atletico Madrid the record for most number of goals conceded to Messi – the Argentinean has scored 17 times against them.
- Iniesta scored his second goal of the season, following his penalty against Granada in November.
- Tello opened his league account this season, though he’s now scored five so far in all competitions.
- The 7-0 equalled Barça’s best ever winning margin against Osasuna – in 1993/94 they won 8-1.