Messi became the highest goalscorer ever at the Camp Nou, but the sour note was the serious injury suffered by Valdés
FC Barcelona v Celta was the 1,000th league game at the Camp Nou (inaugurated in 1957), in which there has been a balance of 755 wins, 157 draws and 88 defeats, with 2,533 goals for and 777 against. Here is a selection of trivia from the impressive 3-0 win on Wednesday night:
- Messi has set a new record for league goals (130) scored at the Camp Nou.
- Barça have yet to lose a game when starting with the attacking trio of Messi, Neymar and Alexis (7 wins and 2 draws).
- It was the third time that Neymar and Messi have scored in the same game. Real Sociedad and Rayo were their previous joint victims.
- But this was the first league game of 2014 in which Alexis Sánchez failed to find the net.
- Víctor Valdés was seriously injured in his 535th first team appearance.
- It was third game of the season featuring Adriano at right back, where he also played away to Malaga (1-0) and Cartagena (4-1).
- It was the second game with Mascherano and Bartra as the centre back pairing. They also played together in the 7-0 demolition of Osasuna.
- Barça have made it to 1,000 home wins in the league out of a total of 1,320 matches, the others ending in 198 draws and 122 defeats.
- Barcelona’s home wins in the league have been achieved at the Camp Nou (755), Les Corts (244) and Montjuïc (1).