News about Spanish giant, Barca!
Facts and figures from the Atletico Madrid game
Pedro has scored 48 goals in the 150 league games he completed against Atletico Madrid on Saturday and is just seven matches away from making it 250 appearances in all competitions for the Club.
- Pedro has scored 48 goals in the 150 league games he completed against Atletico Madrid on Saturday and is just seven matches away from making it 250 appearances in all competitions for the Club.
- Xavi is now just one game away from game number 700 for the Club. Last night saw him start alongside Busquets and Iniesta for the first time since the game in San Mames.
- Dani Alves picked up his fifth yellow card and will miss next week’s game at Levante.
- It was the fourth game on teh run that Alexis, Cesc and Pedro formed the front line, having started against Getafe in the league and the cup and against Elche.
- This was Barça’s third goalless draw of the season – their second against Atletico Madrid. The other team to hold them were Osasuna in Pamplona.
- All three games against Atletico Madrid this season have ended in draws, with the 1-1 draw in the Super Cup first leg the only game with goals.
- Sergi Roberto, who came on on 81 minutes for Pedro last night, has now played in all of the team’s last 12 games, starting five of them.
- Barça made 766 passes, 651 successful, whilst Atletico Madrid made 346, with 240 of them successful.
- Messi and Neymar appeared together for the first time in two months – the last time they played together was against Betis, when Messi came off injured. On Wednesday against Getafe, Messi made his reapperance, but Neymar nmissed out with a stomach bug.
- The only other time the two have drawn 0-0 in the league was in he 2003/04 season.
- Barça stay top for another week and have now led the table for 57 consecutive weeks.
- This was Barça’s third clean sheet on the run, following the wins against Elche and Getafe. That makes it 15 games from 30 that the team have not conceded a goal so far this season.