Cesc has netted 5 times in the league, once in the Champions League and once in the Cup against Cartagena last Friday
We take a look back at some of the stats from the match between FC Cartagena and FC Barcelona in the Cartagonova stadium:
- Midfielder Cesc Fàbregas is the first Barça player to score in all three major competitions this season. He’s scored a total of seven goals (5 in the league, one in the Champions League and one in the Cup) and has only failed to score in the Spanish Super Cup.
- Cesc Fàbregas also tops the Barça ranking of goal assists with 11. He’s followed by Neymar (9) and Alexis (4).
- It was only the second time this season that Barça has had to come back from behind. They also went one down against Valladolid in the league but reacted firmly to end up winning 4-1. On Friday, they fell behind to a shock 16 minute effort but fought back to win 4-1 again.
- Pinto has been the main choice in goal for Cup matches since he joined the Club. On Friday, He made his 40 Barça Cup appearance.
- Pedro is the team’s second highest scorer with nine goals (seven in the league, two in the Cup). Messi leads the way with 14 and Alexis is third with eight.
- Sergi Roberto started a match for the first time this season and completed the full 90 minutes. He partnered Song and Sergio Busquets in the Barça engine room.
- Tata Martino handed Dongou his full senior debut making him the third newcomer of the season after Adama and Patric.
- Marc Bartra topped the balls recovered ranking with 17. Cesc made 101 passes and completed 81 of them.
- Barça has kept a clean sheet in the first leg of the round of 32 of the Cup over the last six seasons. The last time the Club conceded was against Badalona in 2006.