Martino’s Barça leave their unbeaten record at 20 matches
Pinto conceded his first goal in the Champions league
Pedro made his 50th appearance in the Champions League. He has scored 14 goals in the competition.
All the facts and figures from FC Barcelona’s first defeat of the season against Ajax (2-1) in the Amsterdam Arena:
- This was the first time Pinto has conceded a goal in the Champions league
- Actual playing time was 54 minutes and nine seconds; play was stopped for 40 minutes and 57 seconds.
- After going 20 games without defeat, last night’s result means that FC Barcelona just miss out on matching their best start to a season (21 matches unbeaten)
- Barça completely dominated the second half with 61.4% possession.
- Pedro made his 50th appearance in the Champions League. He’s scored 14 goals in the competition.
- Barça made 917 actions compared with 596 from Frank de Boer’s Ajax.
- Ajax had 10 shots and Barça 7.
- Barça made 695 passes, 583 completed.
- Ajax committed 21 fouls compared to 17 by Barça.
- Barça received 5 yellow cards (Fàbregas, Piqué, Montoya, Iniesta and Neymar) and Ajax two (Van Rhijn and Schöne).
- Cesc Fàbregas picked up his third yellow card and will be suspended for the last group match against Celtic.