At 24 minutes past midnight, the Brazilian scored his first official goal for his new club
Atletico Madrid have scored first in the last three games against Barça, but have not won any of them
The Supercup match against Atletico Madrid provided plenty to talk about, and here we pick out some of the most interesting pieces of trivia:
• At 24 minutes past midnight, Neymar scored his first official goal for his new club. He headed home just seven minutes after coming on for Pedro.
• In just two official matches, six different players have already scored for Barça. Alexis, Messi (2), Alves, Pedro (2) and Xavi all scored in the 7-0 win against Levante.
• Mascherano (14), Busquets (11) and Alves (10) recovered the most balls at the Calderón.
• Atletico had nine shots compared to FC Barcelona’s eight, with four each being on target, and the home side crossed 10 times into the area, while the visitors did do 12 times.
• But there was a clear leader in terms of possession. FC Barcelona completed a massive 638 passes compared to just 183 for the red and whites.
• Only five players played all 90 minutes against both Levante and Atletico. These were Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano and Busquets.
• David Villa scored his eighth goal against Barça in 15 games. His teams have won five, drawn six and lost just four of those games.
• Atletico Madrid have scored first in their last three meetings with Barça, but have not won any of them. Last season, they lost 4-1 at the Camp Nou and 2-1 in Madrid.